Q19: How are pupils with Special Educational Needs/Disabilities involved in their own education?
All children are active participants in their own learning. For children and young people with SEND we use a variety of strategies to support this including, for example, any of the following:
- Target review meetings.
- Self-assessment at the beginning and end of learning.
- Having a range of equipment available for the child to choose to use.
- Ensuring the child works with a range of different partners.
- Ensuring the child or young person has a designated adult to go to if they need help.
- Opportunity to be a Redmile Leader, eg. School Council Rep.
- One page profiles.
- Medical alert cards.
- Emotions scale.
- Visual timetables.
- Prompt cards to promote independence.
- Personalised work stations.
- Learning breaks.